As of July 2020, Facebook had over 2.6 billion users worldwide. This is more than any other social media platform and is only surpassed by Google’s search users.
Two-thirds of Facebook users claim they visit a local business’s Facebook page at least once a week. However, if you want to meet this audience, you can’t just depend on chance. A well-defined Facebook marketing strategy is essential. Facebook ads with specific targeting are an excellent way to direct Facebook users to your dental services.
Standing out on a platform as large as Facebook is critical to marketing success. You must aim and customize your ads to set yourself apart from the competition. Where do you begin, though? It’s time to take advantage of one of the most successful and underutilized marketing strategies available to dentists who want to expand their practice.
While many dentists understand the importance of producing high-quality organic Facebook content as part of every marketing campaign, many are still overlooking the enormous potential of Facebook Ads. The strength of these advertisements lies in their ability to hyper-target viewers based on demographics, attitudes, and desires. Furthermore, the ability to quickly run A/B experiments, edit ad campaigns, and learn more about your audience has unrivaled potential for attracting new patients.
Some of the most popular Facebook ad forms are mentioned below.
Types of Facebook Ads
- Image Ads: When it comes to Facebook Ads, these simple ads are a great place to start. You can make one in a few clicks by enhancing an existing post with a photo from your Facebook Page.
- Carousel: Carousel advertisements combine 3-5 images and videos, news, and links or CTAs into a single space that the user can swipe horizontally or vertically on a screen. This type of image can be used to draw attention to specific objects or applications, tell a story with carousel imagery, or display a single long, high-quality image.
- Slideshow: A slideshow is a looping video of up to ten pictures that can be included in a Facebook ad. These ads have the advantage of being a less time-consuming and complex alternative to video ads. Slideshow advertisements are often used in advertising to display several items or a single product from various perspectives.
- Collection: These Facebook paid ads, which are only available on mobile devices, allow you to display five images or videos that consumers can click to buy a product or service.
- Video Advertising: Similar to image advertisements, except in video format! Facebook recommends advertisement videos that are 15 seconds or shorter because user interest and watch percentages drop after 15 seconds. To leave a lasting impression, try to say your story or express your message in those 15 seconds.
- Poll ads: This mobile-only Facebook ad format uses a two-option poll to add an interactive feature to a picture or video ad. You can create a separate connection for each poll option. Both you and those who answer will see the total number of responses to each poll option.
When a user clicks on your ad, what happens next?
When a user clicks on your ad, they may be guided to one of the following locations:
When a Facebook user clicks on one of these advertisements, they will be guided to a landing page. You should provide more information about your services as well as a contact form on your landing page so that potential patients can get in touch with you right away.
To start a messenger conversation with you. Like other Facebook ads, a click-to-messenger ad appears in your newsfeed. When you click on a click-to-messenger ad, unlike most Facebook ads, the brand will send you a message on Facebook Messenger to start a conversation rather than forcing you to take their desired action.
A user can also be taken to a Facebook form. A form will be used to obtain the lead’s contact information. Your digital marketing company sends you an email with the lead’s contact details. These ads work best for getting people to RSVP to events.
You might need some help.
The Facebook Ad network isn’t something you should learn in a week or two. Many marketers have spent years figuring out how to get the most out of their time and money. Experimentation and practice are the only ways to improve.
Your dental marketing plan should include Facebook advertising. However, Facebook Ads should not be your sole priority. In a dental practice, having enough hours in the day to do anything can be difficult. That’s where we can help. Dentists can benefit from our resources and experience in online marketing. We can cut through the clutter and produce exceptional results quickly.