Social media is used by almost three-quarters of American adults, making it a vital part of any small business plan. Indeed, one of the easiest ways of communicating with people who already know your brand is through social media. It’s also important to reach out to those who have not heard of your dental practice yet.
One of the world’s most popular social media sites, Facebook has expanded every year (in both active users and time spent on the site) since it was launched in 2004. With nearly 2.45 billion monthly active users, it’s clear your dental practice needs an active presence on Facebook.
Why Your Dental Practice Should Be Posting On Facebook
- It helps your SEO: Regular posting more makes it more likely that others will share your content. This can help you rise up the search rankings.
- It develops brand recognition: Social media sharing increases brand awareness and makes you more accessible to potential customers. You make sure that your customers see more of you by posting daily.
- Get better conversion rates: Each post you make will encourage prospective patients to book an appointment with you.
- Helps with brand loyalty: In today’s world, we all know how vital building brand loyalty is. Positioning yourself as a local leader in dentistry can help immensely.
- More customer data: You can gain more insights into what kind of posts work and don’t regularly post.
Ideas for Your Social Media Posts
Getting started with Facebook doesn’t have to be expensive. Dental practices of any size can carve out a niche and add new patients to their books. Are you stuck for ideas on what to post? Here are a few ideas.
The ‘How To’ post
Do you have any dental hacks that might help your Facebook fans? Whether it is a better way to brush or floss, if someone is in the market for a new dentist, they will remember what you taught them and be more likely to become one of your patients.
Content That You Appreciate
Sharing other people’s great content lets you save some time from having to churn out your own, and let’s be honest, you don’t always have time to produce your own content. That’s why it’s absolutely a good thing to share content you’ve found elsewhere.
Your Involvement In Community Events
Another excellent way to boost awareness is to highlight a community event you or a team member is taking part in. Whether it is donating to a food bank or volunteering at the local animal shelter, people love to associate with brands that feel human and care about giving back.
It seems like there is a national day for everything nowadays, including National Popcorn Day and even National Awkward Moments Day! As silly as some of these observance days can be, they may help your social media content strategy. These holidays can be surprisingly successful dental practice marketing opportunities, giving you the ability to draw publicity and promote your practice with quirky, engaging content.
Sharing news & information about your dental practice is a great way to add intimacy to your posts. Building your brand means sharing your personality — and customers love getting a glimpse behind the scenes of how your dental practice works.
This may involve:
- Pictures of your staff at work
- New products or equipment arriving at the office
- Feedback requests
Patients themselves are also the most successful communicators to potential patients researching dental practices such as yours. Patient stories serve as a vital tool for dentists to promote their practice. As a first step in seeking a new doctor, some 72 percent of patients use online reviews and testimonials. Why not share a photo and a short post about your patient’s dental experience (with their permission, of course)?
We hope this list of Facebook posts was useful for your dental practice. If you need help improving your digital marketing efforts, we’re here to help! Contact us today for a consultation.